Friday, March 25, 2011

Bikram Yoga: Great for the Body and Soul

Well I just got home from ninety minutes of Bikram Yoga. Considering that I worked all day and went to the 530pm session I am very proud of myself! It's tough to get motivated sometimes after work. But it's so much easier to get there if I have everything I need packed and ready in the car. It's like I am fine once I get there but in my head it's like "just go home, relax, you deserve to rest on Friday". But you know what? Once you go you feel great; not only about yourself and what you are able to accomplish, but it also makes it easier to watch what your putting inside your body. If our bodies are truly our temples why not take as good of care of them as we can? As I write this the bf is whipping together some black bean dip, we are eating grilled chicken pitas with black bean salsa, and some organic blue chips on the side. While our metabolisms slow down in the evening, it's a Friday night, and I have saved 800 cals for the meal I am about to dig into! See it's now about depriving ourselves from good food, it's about making ourselves the food we want to eat, about knowing exactly what's in that food, and enjoying it! Here's to TGIF, good food, and watching those 2000 cals a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment