Thursday, March 31, 2011

Captain's Log...I mean..journal entry!

Food journaling really isn't that hard. I would argue that it's a foolproof way of holding yourself accountable to whatever it is you're eating. Every journal entry starts the same. I put the date on top, the times I eat, what I eat, the calories in it, and what exercise I did or didn't do that day. I also put what times I ate, how much sleep I got, the amount of water I drank, and how much stress I was under that day. This post is starting to remind me of the last minute of 20/20 when Andy Rooney starts babbling about random nothings. But I guess what I wanted to say is that food journaling is the critical component. I thought it was about will power, and it's not. The truth of the matter is you really don't want to eat more than you're supposed to...but ignorance is bliss. The food journal takes away all temptation because I can see what I have eaten and I can tell myself and show myself in an empirically valid way that nothing else needs to be eaten that day. Moral of the story, if you want to lose weight, get healthy, and change your life, you need to start food journaling. Now if you want to start increasing your mental health as well then journal journaling doesn't hurt either ;)

2 comments:

  1. I believe its 60 minutes. Just saying. Will an electronic journal work, or must one use pencil and paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! Pencil and paper! And you're right it is 60 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete