Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eggs are Excellent

So as I have been watching what I eat, I must say that I am continually shocked at how many ways eggs can be prepared, how filling they are, and let's remember the most important part...tasty! I have been eating eggs in a variety of ways. A hard boiled egg at lunch is a 70 calorie addition that is tasty, filling, and really gives you some energy to get through your afternoon. I had an egg white omelete the other night with some salsa and toast. This morning I stopped at Starbucks and got their reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich with egg whites on it, and it was AMAZING! So good and so filling. As I am now officially entering week two of my 2000 calorie a day lifestyle there have been some bumps in the road. More specifically, my boyfriend I think is going through dinner mourning. It saddens him that I don't want to eat what he's eating if I don't know what's in it. But he's proud of me too, and while eating different foods at dinner is surprising lonely, it is none the less essential. I refuse to put unknowns into my body any longer. I have been telling everybody I know about my successes, losing seven pounds in one week is truly an accomplishment. But exercise is important too. I will forever thankful toward Bikram Yoga for changing my body and my mind. Yoga is something that has made this journey easier as when you are taking such care of your body you want to take care of what you are putting in your body as well. Anyway this post was supposed to be about eggs and I got sidetracked. Needless to say, this message goes to all the Chickens out there, specifically to all the ones treated humanely at fair trade farms where I get my eggs from, thanks Chickens, I do appreciate your bounty!

1 comment: